Not yet using Email marketing for business?
“Someone who stops advertising to save money is like a man who stops a clock to save time”.
Wise words uttered by Henry Ford, the Ford Motor Company founder, business magnate and father of modern assembly line manufacturing, more than a century ago.
We’ve come along way since the first Model T rolled from Ford’s famed assembly lines, but the great man’s words are as pertinent today as they were back in the day.
The advertising medium may have changed, but the message has not.
OK, we’re not now advertising in hot metal press newspapers that relied on people going out to pick one up, buy it, and then turn the page to find your advert.
Now our advertising spend is more geared towards email marketing. Messages are targeted and sent directly to a potential customer’s inbox. It’s tried and tested marketing, the way forward, and applied efficiently it gets remarkable results.
Still not convinced?
10 reasons to use email marketing in your business strategy
- Email marketing has an ROI of 3,800% (DMA) which is more than any other marketing channel.
- 77% of ROI comes from segmented, targeted, and triggered campaigns (DMA) – so if you haven’t already, start building your email lists bearing in mind the implications of the GDPR which is set to kick start on 25th May 2018.
- By the end of 2018 there will be more than 3.7 billion email users worldwide, that’s 54% of the entire planet (Radicati Group), that’s a bigger audience than Facebook!
- 90% of email gets delivered to the intended recipient’s inbox, whereas only 2% of your Facebook fans see your posts in their News Feed (Forrester Research).
- 83% of B2B marketers use email newsletters for content marketing (Content Marketing Institute). If you’re interested in learning more about how content marketing could help your B2B organisation then keep an eye out for our free Content Sessions!
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter (McKinsey), but remember this comes from creating effective emails.
- Email marketing drives more conversions than any other marketing channel, including search and social (Monetate), particularly for transactional emails.
- Sending four emails in a month instead of one significantly increases the number of consumers opening more than one email (WhoIsHostingThis “Email Deliverability 101”). We’ve recently made this change with one of our accounts, Influx.
- Emails with personalised subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened (Campaign Monitor), for example…’Ben, if someone told you these cars were now 25 years old, would you believe them?’ This is much more engaging and intriguing than without the recipient’s name.
- About 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices (Campaign Monitor), this is important to keep in mind when designing your email campaigns.
Email marketing – you know it makes sense
Take all the above into account and any savvy businessperson will realise that efficient email marketing is your company’s best friend.
To use another incredibly apposite Ford quote: “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me”.
To The End performance marketing is dedicated to delivering results through its effective digital marketing. If you need to get your message into your target’s inbox, why not give us a call.